ALL certification classes are now virtual at huge discounts.
Pre-recorded classes for yoga teacher training
On demand Yoga
Zoom livestream sessions
If you wish to attend an in person session it is $135 per day.
It is obligatory to take 2 workshops at Westchester Yoga to complete this training
One workshop is on 7 Systems of the Body & Yoga (2 part workshop) ($55)
The other workshop is Trauma Informed Yoga Teaching ($35)
The cost of the workshops is not included in the price of the training
Yoga Teacher Training In New Rochelle, Westchester NY
Thinking of taking the step?
Deepening your own knowledge of Yoga?
Becoming a yoga teacher?
Perhaps you have had a transformative moment on the yoga mat and want to understand how that happened?
Or desire to be a teacher to share the light that yoga brought into your life?
WYoga has an integrated, high quality, and probably the most flexible training found anywhere. We know life happens.
ALL yoga studios who have a yoga teacher training have the same number of required hours of training as designated by Yoga Alliance. Some have the hours spread over a longer period of time, some are less flexible, some charge extra if you miss a class, some have less practical experience than others, and some include more spirituality.
WYoga is in its second decade of existence and it’s Yoga Teacher Training gets better each year, including things like social media and the yoga teacher and Trauma informed Training.
This training is designed with you in mind, knowing that we live in a crazy modern world. We can make it happen for you. If you really want it, we will make it happen!
See our videos on Westchester Yoga youtube Channel!
This course includes pre-recorded, livestream and in studio classes with personal coaching via email, phone and/or in person.
What Makes Westchester Yoga Arts RYT200 Training Unique?
Yoga, asana (the physical movements) was created as a vehicle to reach stillness of mind, to be able to observe emotions instead of being controlled by them. WYoga’s training has advanced teaching methodology and real hands on experience teaching.
WYA’s training also emphasizes physiology in the first module, real concrete teaching practice in the second module and the business of yoga in the third.
- • Study of ancient texts including the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Bhakti Sutras, Bagavad Gita, and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
- • A strong physiology program taught in association with the chakras and asanas. We cover the systems of the body and their direct application to the practice of yoga.
- • How to teach. Unique proprietary teaching tips and instructional tools take teacher from being good to being great.
- • Spiritual and personal growth. The spiritual is very different from the philosophical. The spiritual aspect of yoga is life-changing. It can bring greater awareness and personal freedom. Often the hardest part of the course, it can also be the most rewarding. Learn to apply what you learn on the mat to all aspects of your class. Completion of the training goes hand in hand with the start of personal transformation.
- • Hands on teaching experience with other trainees and in a real yoga class. Student trainees start teaching as of the very first class. Each student develops their own class plan. By the time the end of the program arrives, each trainee has already taught and refined their class. Walk out as a confident graduate, ready to teach.
- • Community service requirement to teach 5 yoga classes to a part of the community that needs it and does not necessarily have access to it.
- • Business of yoga. Entrepreneurs and independent teachers alike will benefit from a complete training program from studio management to fiscal responsibilities and social media.
Certification requirements RYT200
– Taking 45 yoga classes (on demand, zoom or in person)
– 8 Written Class Observations (8 WYoga classes)
– Workshops (8 hours from WYoga or elsewhere not included in the price)
– Passing online and practical tests
– Research papers
– Teaching yoga classes (5 classes)
– Community Service requirement (5 Classes)
How Much Does It Cost?
The Best Quality -Value in Westchester is at Westchester Yoga Arts
The RYT200 cost is based on the following:
– Text Books: There are 11 books which you may purchase from any vendor, roughly estimated cost may be around $220. But you can find some online for free. The books include LIght on Yoga by Iyengar, Moving into Stillness Eric Schiffman, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita, Anatomy books by Ray Long
– Insurance: Yoga Instructor Insurance which you may purchase from a vendor of your choice, roughly estimated cost is between $100 and $200
– Workshop(s): This cost is determined by which workshop(s) you choose to attend.
– Tuition: $695 and includes the 45 required classes to take at the studio (with a 12 month expiration date)
– Karma Yoga is part of the discount tuition 45 hours of work for the studio
• Start the pre-recorded and online quizzes ANYTIME
• Livestream zoom calls are on Sundays, more or less weekly
• IN person group monthly meeting are optional and cost $135 per sessions
• The livestream and the In Person sessions Run from September to April
How do I apply?
– Step 1 Download The Application Click Here
– Step 2 Visit our Teachable site for the RYT200 link here, make the downpayment the first payment (https://westchester-yoga-teacher-trainings.teachable.com/p/wyoga-ryt200)
– Step 3 Email 2 references from a yoga teacher, co-worker, or family member as to why you would be a good yoga teacher to [email protected]
Virtual Trainings are running consistently on a rotating basis.
Each module last for 4 weeks, so the opportunity to begin training is never more than 1 month away!
In Person RYT200:
January 2022, September 2022
$3200 total, 4 payments of $800
8.30am to 5.30pm on Sundays and runs for 12 weeks
It includes ALL of the virtual and online content
No expiration dates for handing in the papers and finishing up after the in person sessions
Please Contact Us to discuss your start date.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US!
This is by far the best yoga studio around!!! The instructors are all friendly and treat you a like a person and take a personal interest in your yoga journey. I've learned so much about and about life in general from each instructor and have built relationships with them as well. When you attend class you are not just a participant, but an actual member of class. They also offer other classes including belly dancing and one of the best Zumba classes around!!! I look forward to continuing my journey with this studio!!! I highly recommend joining!!!
From the moment I walked into the studio I felt at peace. The welcoming staff even stated "welcome home!" What a way to begin my first experience with yoga! I joined that day after my first class: candlelit yoga! So calming and relaxing yet challenging in its own way! After one week of yoga I feel stronger and much more relaxed! I would recommend this to anyone and cannot wait to go tomorrow!!!!
It's a place you can go to without stress. Just relax enjoy the direction of the great teachers and come out feeling like a new person. I want all to know that it has helped me get thru my back surgery and help me move like I did before. Thanks to all the teachers especially Faith Daniels for her great back classes. Lv them
I've been going to WYA since January. It's become my safe haven. Not only have I enjoyed the classes--I take everything from gentle yoga to the more rigorous flow classes--but the studio also just has a lovely energy about it. It's one of those intangible things you can feel when you walk into the lobby. No matter my state when I walk in, my inner state is always vastly improved by the time I leave.
I have an unlimited all class access pass from Westchester Yoga Arts and it is the best. Whenever I have a stressful day or need a change, I am there, signing in a class. I’ve now done classes with all the teachers, and done yoga, zumba and belly dance. It feels good knowing that I can get a spiritual detox through yoga whenever I want to. It is complete mind and body nourishment. Thumbs up.