Yoga Teacher Training In New Rochelle, Westchester NY
Soon to be updated RYT200 Yoga teacher training in the Bronx and upstate NY. Email us at [email protected] if you are interested!
RYT200 & RYT300 = RYT500!
Thinking of taking the step?
Deepening your own knowledge of Yoga? Becoming a yoga teacher?
How to choose the right program for you from so many offered?
Perhaps you have had a transformative moment on the yoga mat and want to understand how that happened? Or desire to be a teacher to share the light that yoga brought into your life? Yoga teacher training at Westchester Yoga Arts maybe the answer. Come try a class, soak in the vibe of our community.
We have an integrated, high quality and the most flexible training found any where. We know life happens. Without a costly mentorship program all our graduates are more than ready teach a kick-ass yoga class upon completion. It is OBLIGATORY to teach 10 ‘real’ yoga classes before finishing the program.
ALL yoga studios who have a yoga teacher training have the same amount of required hours of training as designated by Yoga Alliance. Some have the hours spread over a longer period of time, some are less flexible and some even charge extra if you miss a class, some have less practical experience than others and some more spirituality.
Westchester Yoga Arts’ teacher training has the highest level of flexibility and we make it as financially accessible as we ethically can in our desire to spread this higher level of learning with as many people as deeply desire to do this.
We are closing in on our second decade of existence and evolve every year to adapt to the evolution of yoga which now includes yoga marketing on social media.
Once you pay for this training you can take it as many times as you wish. Where else can you do that?
Begin the training at the start of any of the 3 modules. You can take over any one module. There is zero extra charge! Life happens, we know and understand this. We want to facilitate you following your passion and make the training so that you can do it! Start fulfilling course criteria even before the course begins and have a private session to begin early all included in the regular price! The papers can be handed in after the course classes are complete there is no deadline but your own. This training is designed with you in mind, knowing that we live in a crazy modern world. We can make it happen for you. If you really want it, we will make it happen!
Our Yoga Teacher training in Westchester is conveniently located at our studio, one block from the metro north train station. Discounts are available if you purchase RYT200 then do the Children’s Yoga Teacher Training.
See our videos on Westchester Yoga youtube Channel!
What Makes Westchester Yoga Arts RYT200 Training Unique?
Yoga, asana (the physical movements) was created as a vehicle to reach stillness of mind, to be able to observe emotions instead of being controlled by them. All of this IS yoga!The mind-body-spirit connection is an integral part of this yoga certification. We use advanced teaching methodology and proprietary tools, so that our students not only receive the information but retain it and have real hands on experience teaching.
WYA’s training also emphasizes physiology in the first module, real concrete teaching practice in the second module and the business of yoga in the third.
- Study of ancient texts including the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Bhakti Sutras, Bagavad Gita, and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
- A strong physiology program taught in association with the chakras and asanas. We cover the systems of the body and their direct application to the practice of yoga.
- How to teach. Unique proprietary teaching tips and instructional tools take teacher from being good to being great.
- Spiritual and personal growth. The spiritual is very different from the philosophical. The spiritual aspect of yoga is life-changing. It can bring greater awareness and personal freedom. Often the hardest part of the course, it can also be the most rewarding. Learn to apply what you learn on the mat to all aspects of your class. Completion of the training goes hand in hand with the start of personal transformation.
- Hands on teaching experience with other trainees and in a real yoga class. Student trainees start teaching as of the very first class. Each student develops their own class plan. By the time the end of the program arrives, each trainee has already taught and refined their class. Walk out as a confident graduate, ready to teach.
- Community service requirement to teach 5 yoga classes to a part of the community that needs it and does not necessarily have access to it.
- Business of yoga. Entrepreneurs and independent teachers alike will benefit from a complete training program from studio management to fiscal responsibilities and social media.
Start fulfilling the class and workshop requirements before the course begins!
You have a full year to complete ALL the requirements.
Certification requirements RYT200
– 80% or more classroom attendance (90 to 110 hours)
– Taking 45 yoga classes (15 Level 1 or Gentle, 15 Level 2/3 or Open, & 15 any level of your choice)
– 8 Written Class Observations (8 classes at the studio)
– Workshops (8 hours)
– Passing written and practical tests
– Research papers (There are papers on the Bhagavad Gita, Bhakti Sutras, the Systems of the Body, The Autobiography of a Yogi, Louise Hay’s “You can heal Your Life”, Research Paper on the Benefits of Yoga)
– Teaching yoga classes (5 classes)
– Community Service requirement (5 Classes)
How Much Does It Cost?
The Best Quality -Value in Westchester is at Westchester Yoga Arts
The RYT200 cost is based on the following:
– Text Books – There are 11 books which you may purchase from any vendor, roughly estimated cost may be around $220. Books include Light on Yoga by Iyengar, Moving into Stillness by Eric Schiffman, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Bhakti Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Louise Hay “You can Heal your Life” and the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Ray Long’s Key Muscles of Yoga and Key Poses of Yoga.
– Insurance – Yoga Instructor Insurance which you may purchase from a vendor of your choice, roughly estimated cost is between $100 and $200
– Workshop(s) – This cost is determined by which workshop(s) you choose to attend. For example, WYA offers several 2-hour workshops, costing under $35 each.
– Tuition –$3,300 and includes the 45 required classes to take at the studio (with a 12 month expiration date)
– Karma Yoga scholarships are available for $350 discount in exchange for 35 hours of work for the studio
– Early bird discount is available on top of the Karma Yoga of $200 you must register 5 months before the module you wish to begin at
**Early Bird Means 6 months before beginning your first in classroom Module
Make the first payment in August to begin in January
September to begin in February
October to begin in March
November, December begin in May
January begin in June
February begin in July**
– Potential SAVINGS OF $550!!!
– Payment plans are available for up to 5 payments, restrictions may apply
– You can take over any session you like or even the whole training for no extra charge
– After completing your 45 required classes (included in the price of the training), you may purchase any studio package at a 25% discount
How do I apply?
– Step 1 Download The Application Click Here
– Step 2 Visit the studio
– Step 3 Email 2 references from a yoga teacher, co-worker, or family member as to why you would be a good yoga teacher.
May 15th Module 1 RYT-2000 begins 6:30p to 10:30p, and runs every Wednesday.
Weekend dates are 5/18, 6/8 and 7/13. Weekend times are Saturday 12:30p – 5:30p and Sunday 8:30a – 5:30p
RYT-200 will begin in January; dates TBA soon!
You need to have your RYT200 under your belt to take this training. It is the remaining 300 hours needed to have access to the RYT500 designation by Yoga Alliance.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US!
This is by far the best yoga studio around!!! The instructors are all friendly and treat you a like a person and take a personal interest in your yoga journey. I've learned so much about and about life in general from each instructor and have built relationships with them as well. When you attend class you are not just a participant, but an actual member of class. They also offer other classes including belly dancing and one of the best Zumba classes around!!! I look forward to continuing my journey with this studio!!! I highly recommend joining!!!
From the moment I walked into the studio I felt at peace. The welcoming staff even stated "welcome home!" What a way to begin my first experience with yoga! I joined that day after my first class: candlelit yoga! So calming and relaxing yet challenging in its own way! After one week of yoga I feel stronger and much more relaxed! I would recommend this to anyone and cannot wait to go tomorrow!!!!
It's a place you can go to without stress. Just relax enjoy the direction of the great teachers and come out feeling like a new person. I want all to know that it has helped me get thru my back surgery and help me move like I did before. Thanks to all the teachers especially Faith Daniels for her great back classes. Lv them
I've been going to WYA since January. It's become my safe haven. Not only have I enjoyed the classes--I take everything from gentle yoga to the more rigorous flow classes--but the studio also just has a lovely energy about it. It's one of those intangible things you can feel when you walk into the lobby. No matter my state when I walk in, my inner state is always vastly improved by the time I leave.
I have an unlimited all class access pass from Westchester Yoga Arts and it is the best. Whenever I have a stressful day or need a change, I am there, signing in a class. I’ve now done classes with all the teachers, and done yoga, zumba and belly dance. It feels good knowing that I can get a spiritual detox through yoga whenever I want to. It is complete mind and body nourishment. Thumbs up.