After submitting, filing and receiving the blessing from Yoga Alliance not once but twice for our RYT300…. we have revamped our program and are in the process of resubmitting for the third time. Three’s a charm!
Our RYT300 Program will be the best yet. Why can we say this? The program is created by two yoga training junkies. We have seen the best, and the worst of what is out there. Our society has evolved, our lives have changed and the one constant has been Yoga and Westchester Yoga.
Our belief is that yoga teachers are leaders, they elevate and lift up our society with each class that they teach. We will go well beyond the asana, and make this training one that has the potential to be life changing for each of our trainees.
$200 per month for 12 months. A recurring payment.
If you call, email us, discuss – do your own research and decide to sign up with Westchester Yoga before we have completed and received our blessing from Yoga Alliance you will get another $100 off.
Here is a little of what will be covered:
Advanced Physiology and Anatomy
• Deep dive into connective tissues
• Understanding joints
• More muscles
• And how all the above is connected to yogic tradition
• How to adjust teaching from chair yoga to advanced vinyasa sequencing
Asanas, deconstructed, advanced and accessible
• Using props in creative ways
• Deconstructing poses for alignment
• Advanced vinyasa sequencing
• Chair Yoga Asana
• Yin Yoga
Meditation, kriyas, mantras
• Some of the vast tools offered in yoga are taught
• The science behind why the yoga tools actually work
• Finding what methods work for YOU
• Understanding how to apply these to your yoga teaching.
• Group Dynamics
• Time Management
• Establishment of priorities (students first)
• Healthy, safe boundaries
• Demonstration, observation, correcting
Trauma informed training how to navigate a world where more than half of the population has experienced trauma to the degree that a yoga teacher can in a group setting.
Business of Yoga
• Launch your business from the very first module
• Understand responsibilities to Yoga Alliance, Taxes, your students and yourself
• Work through the discomfort of social media to a place of acceptance or embracing what NOT using it means to you as a yoga teacher
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics
• Being a good yoga teacher goes FAR beyond teaching asana
• There is a millenia legacy of texts, philosophy that we can learn
• Beyond the intellectual understanding, there’s a journey of the heart and soul
• Being able to look within, understand ourselves with radical responsibility, honesty without blame or judgement
• Reconnect with the Divine, Source, Higher Self, the Universe and live in that space more often.
• Life happens, the world happens. How do we as humans navigate it as yogis and yoga teachers to become better beings, and rise above lifting others with ourselves.
Community Service – yoga has for far too long in the US been a privilege of white middle and upper class. The prices are prohibitive for some. Learn- the balance of: making a living and being of service. Being of service IS part of yoga without it there is no yoga. Rent needs to be paid too. Working on finding the equilibrium between both.